Berry Cinnamon Smoothie
This berry cinnamon smoothie is packed with cosy flavours and seasonal berries, and is the perfect drink for when that smoothie craving hits!
WHy you’ll love this recipe
I just know you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
- Cold and creamy
- Has a gentle spice from the cinnamon
- Packed with antioxidants
How to make a berry cinnamon smoothie
The first thing to do is add all of our ingredients to a high speed blender (photo 1) and blend until creamy and smooth (photo 2).
Then simply pour the smoothie into your favourite glass! (photo 3)
Tips for making perfect smoothies
Here are my tips and tricks to making perfect smoothies every time:
- Always add a frozen element. Frozen fruit blends into a far more creamier texture than fresh fruit, which yields a thick and creamy smoothie.
- Blend the smoothie well. This ensures it is deliciously smooth and creamy. I love using my Vitamix.
- Add some interest! The best smoothies contain more than just fruit, whether its a spoonful of nut butter, a sprinkling of hemp seeds or indeed a dash of cinnamon.
I usually use the combination of a fresh banana with frozen berries in this smoothie (I’m terrible at remembering to freeze bananas) however you can use fresh berries and frozen banana if you prefer. Just make sure to include something frozen!
Add the fresh fruit at the bottom of the blender so it’s closest to the blade, then top with your frozen fruit. This is because fresh fruit blends a lot easier than frozen.
I love using frozen forest fruits in this recipe, but you could use strawberries or blueberries if you prefer.
Berry Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 cup/ 150 grams Frozen Forest Fruits or berries of choice
- 1 cup/ 240ml Milk of choice
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Seeds optional, for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender ensuring that the fresh fruit is closest to the blade for easy blending.
- Blend on low, gradually increasing the speed to high, until all of the fruit is pulverized and the smoothie is creamy.
- Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy!
- Optional: garnish with extra berries, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- You can use frozen banana with fresh berries if that’s what you have on hand – just make sure to have at least one frozen element to help make that creamy smoothie texture.
- Feel free to add any extra spices such as ginger, nutmeg or cloves!
NUTRITIONPer serving Calories: 154 kcal | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 64mg | Carbohydrates: 28.7g | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 15.8g | Protein: 5.7g