The Best Iced Latte
LET’S TALK COFFEE.
I’m obsessed. You’re obsessed. The whole nation is obsessed. And don’t get me started on those across the pond!
Did you know that in the UK alone, 55 million cups of coffee are drunk every day? That’s mad! It would be interesting to see why they drink so much though: is it from a taste perspective or for that caffeine ‘boost’?
For me, I like the taste. And personally, I think coffee tastes best cold, sweet and creamy. In other words, I love my iced lattes. And this homemade version is instant, easy, and significantly cheaper than what you can get in a coffee shop. (the markup in those places is ridiculous)
In my recipe I use instant coffee. I’m no coffee connoisseur or anything, but I’m sure that to keen coffee drinkers, this is probably a crime, and for that I sincerely apologise! But for busy people on the go, this instant iced latte is a winner.
It’s safe to say I have drank (drunk?) way too much of this creamy drink this summer. It’s a great refreshing treat, and perfect accompaniment to a sunny afternoon spent sitting in the garden reading.
I do hope you try making this recipe! If you do, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf so I can see how it went! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
THE BEST ICED LATTE
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Sugar optional
- Soy Milk
- 6-10 Ice Cubes
- Add the coffee and sugar to a mug. Add about 15ml of boiling water to the mug and stir until everything has dissolved.
- Add cold water to the mug until it is halfway full. Pour this into a glass with ice.
- Top up the glass with soy milk and serve!
- For a chocolately twist, make an iced mocha by adding 1 teaspoon cacao powder to the mug before adding the hot water.
- Add less water and more soy milk to make it creamier.