This blueberry smoothie bowl is deliciously thick and creamy. Drizzle with almond butter for a nutritious snack! This smoothie bowl is vegan and dairy-free.
Hello and welcome to shivanilovesfood.com! This is my new food blog which will soon be filled with many easy and delicious vegan recipes – starting with this pretty blueberry smoothie bowl!
I have decided to transfer from my old site at Blogger to WordPress where I have more freedom of design and can have my own domain name! How cool is that?
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter so you can be updated on new recipes (and of course, weekly rambles from yours truly). You can also download the BlogLovin’ app on your smartphone, search for ”shivani loves food” and tap follow!
Okay, onto the first recipe!
Going with the “Fresh Start” theme, I am sharing a recipe for a healthy and VEGAN protein-packed blueberry smoothie bowl: a thick and creamy blueberry-banana base topped with little frozen blueberry jewels, pumpkin seeds and a generous drizzle of almond butter. Because if there’s one thing to get me out of bed in the morning, it’s the prospect of topping my breakie with a tablespoon of the good stuff.
This blueberry smoothie bowl makes a delicious light breakfast or a healthy snack. Plus, it looks gorgeous. Almost too pretty to eat. (Almost.)
A breakfast this vibrant is sure to brighten even the greyest of mornings. Eating colourful food is not only exciting, but it’s healthy! The more natural vibrant colours you introduce into your diet, the happier your body will be. Blueberries, for example, are rich in antioxidants, which stop oxygen radicals from causing mutations in your DNA.
Lot’s of exciting things coming soon!
More healthy treat recipes:
- Vegan peanut butter milkshake
- Bakery-style blueberry muffins
- The best vegan pancakes EVER
- Vegan peanut butter brownies
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- 100 grams Frozen Blueberries plus a few extra for decoration
- 1 Frozen Banana
- splash Water
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Seeds roasted
- Add the frozen blueberries and frozen banana to a blender with a splash of water. Blend well until thick and creamy, only adding extra water if it is needed.
- Spoon out the smoothie into your favourite bowl or glass.
- Top with the more frozen blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of almond butter.
- You may need more/less water depending on your desired consistency. I like to start with a minimal amount and gradually add more for a thick smoothie.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients! The beauty of smoothies is you can put in whatever you like or whatever you hand.
- For a creamier smoothie, replace the water with almond milk.
- You could top this smoothie bowl with granola to make a tasty breakfast!