These vegan breakfast burritos are packed with 20 grams of plant-based protein and they’re soon to become your favourite meal-preppable breakfast!
This recipe is completely customisable. I love adding scrambled tofu, spinach tomatoes, and black beans, but you could also add vegan cheese, mashed avocado, hummus, or any vegetable of your choosing!
And if you love burritos as much as me, you’ll love these vegan burrito bowls too!
How to make perfect breakfast burritos every time:
- Use only the outer parts of the tomato. To prevent your tortilla becoming soggy, remove the seeds + membrane from the tomato before adding it to your burritos.
- Heat the tortillas first. Warming the tortillas makes them more pliable, which makes the wrapping process a lot easier. I like to warm my tortillas over the flame of my gas stove – just as they begin to char, you’ll know they’re ready. If you do not have a gas stove, you can also warm the tortillas in a frying pan or the microwave.
- Mash the beans slightly. This prevents the bean filling from spilling out.
Place your filling in a pile a little off-centre on your tortilla, ensuring you leave ample room around the filling on all sides. With the pile filling closest to you, fold over the tortilla in the centre then on the sides. Finally, roll the tortilla away from you wrapping the filling tightly.
You can store prepared and foil-wrapped breakfast burritos in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Lot’s of fast food chains serve breakfast burritos which are loaded with oil and salt. These vegan breakfast burritos are a lot healthier, as they are made at home and packed with plant-based protein!
More Bean-packed recipes for you to try:
Vegan Breakfast BurritosLeave a Review Print Recipe
- 1 batch Tofu Scramble
- ½ cup/200 grams Black Beans washed + drained
- ½ teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha adjust to spice preference
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Wholemeal Tortillas
- Prepare the tofu scramble according to the recipe. Make sure to remove the seeds + membrane of the tomatoes before using in this recipe. Transfer the tofu scramble to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same frying pan, add the sunflower oil and black beans, and stir to heat though. Add the sriracha, dried cumin, dried coriander, and salt.
- Stir together and mash the beans slightly. Cook until the beans are heated through.
- Heat the tortillas in a frying pan or directly over the flame of a gas stove.
- Assemble the breakfast burritos: add half of the tofu scramble and half of the black beans to a warmed tortilla, ensuring there is plenty of space around all sides of the filling. Fold over the closest side of the tortilla, then fold the two sides, and finally roll up the tortilla tightly to ensure the filling doesn't spill out.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and lime wedges. Enjoy!
- You can swap the black beans for any beans you have on hand
- This recipe is easily doubled to make extras to enjoy throughout the week. Simply wrap the burritos in foil and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.