Brunch in style with this vegan french toast! Made with just 5 ingredients and ready in minutes, this breakfast will be loved by children and adults alike.
Oh dear, I haven’t blogged in over a month. But don’t worry – I’m back, and that means more delicious recipes for you, and more yummy food tasting for me 🙂
This is such an easy recipe, as I am sure you are accustomed to the fact that I like to keep things simple around here. Hence this french toast is made with just 6 ingredients! (not including the myriad of topping options. More on that later.)
This french toast is the perfect combination of crispy and soft. Not too sweet, and not too rich either, so you can eat as much as you like!
Despite lacking in egg, a key ingredient of the non-vegan version, this recipe certainly doesn’t lack in protein. Thanks to my special ingredient…maca powder! This maca powder was kindly gifted to me by Superfood World, who also gifted me 3 more of their products and a vitamix blender! If you are curious about the health benefits of maca powder, or would like to buy some of your own, head to their website. They currently have a sale on their superfood products!
- The classic one – maple syrup and a little vegan butter
- The zesty one – fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar
- The chocolatey one – melted dark chocolate and cacao nibs
- The nutty one – nut butter, syrup and chopped nuts.
Any more topping suggestions? Leave a comment down below 🙂
VEGAN FRENCH TOAST
- 1 slice Bread
- 50 millilitres Soy Milk or any Plant-Based Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Maca Powder optional
- 1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, maca powder, and sugar. Leave for a few minutes until the chia seeds start to expand and the mixture thickens.
Add the bread to the dish and allow it to soak up the liquid.
Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat. Add the soaked bread to the pan and cook until crispy and golden, flipping occasionally.
Serve hot with your favourite toppings!
- In terms of bread, I find white is best (this is the only time I ever think white bread is best ahaha)