An easy and healthy recipe for breakfast or dinner – Vegan ‘Scrambled eggs’ made with tofu!
Anything can be veganized: Pancakes, Pesto, French Toast, Cupcakes, ANYTHING. Trust me, they taste just like the non-vegan versions. And whilst I can’t vouch for things like Pulled Jackfruit and Cauiflower Wings, which are meant to taste like meat (which I have never eaten) I can honestly say this tofu scramble tastes like eggs. So if you have any omni friends or family members who are skeptical about vegan food, make them this tofu scramble!
Back when I was a vegetarian, which feels like so long ago now, one of my favourite ways to eat eggs was scrambled, mixed with wilted spinach, fresh tomatoes and cheese. So here I give you the plant-based, veganized version! Scrambled tofu ‘egg’, with wilted spinach, fresh tomatoes and nutritional yeast. Aka my latest obsession. (want more nutritional yeast recipes? check out this!)
This has definitely been one of my favourite things to veganize so far – and be prepared for many more recipes! And did I mention how filling this dish is? Great for breakfast, brunch or dinner! It’s one of those meals where after you eat it, you just feel so satisfied and full. Anyway, I won’t tease you with photos any longer, so here’s the recipe:
VEGAN TOFU SCRAMBLE
- 2 slices Brown Bread toasted
- 100 grams Tofu
- 5 Baby Plum Tomatoes halved
- 1 handful Spinach chopped
- 1/3 Small Onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- pinch Garlic Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast optional
- Prep the vegetables. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it just starts to go brown.
- Break up the tofu into large chunks with your fingers. Add the chucks to the frying pan and use a spatula to further break them down to desired size.
- Cook the tofu until it just starts to get crispy. Then reduce heat and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until the spinach is wilted, then serve immediately with hot toast.
PIN THIS RECIPE: