Good day, friends. I’m coming in PINK with this beetroot hummus recipe! It’s got all the things we love about hummus (creamy, flavoursome, oh-so-dippable) with the added bonus of it’s gorgeous pink hue. SWOON!
How to make beetroot hummus
Making pink hummus at home couldn’t be simpler. I like to use pre-cooked beetroot to make this recipe super quick and easy. Simply add the beetroot to a blender along with chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, dried coriander, and salt and pepper. Simples!
What to serve with hummus
I love to serve hummus on a platter alongside lots of chopped veggies and crackers. It also goes great with cheese, in wraps, and even in your burgers!
A dollop of this hummus would also go great alongside my kale Greek salad.
You can omit the beetroot in this recipe to make a tasty plain hummus instead.
If you can’t find tahini in your supermarket, you can either omit it or substitute equal quantities of toasted sesame seeds.
Beetroot hummus is best enjoyed immediately as it will discolour over time.
Beetroot HummusLeave a Review Print Recipe
- 1 x 400g /14 oz can Chickpeas washed + drained
- 1 Beetroot pre-cooked
- 1 tbsp Tahini can sub sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Dried Coriander
- ¼ bunch Fresh Coriander
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend well until creamy.
- If it is not blending easily, you add extra liquid in the form of beet juice or water.
- Serve with your favourite crisps/chips, veggies and falafel. Enjoy!
- You might notice a little discolouration after a few days, which is why this hummus is best consumed on the day of preparation.