An easy and healthy recipe for vibrant beetroot hummus made in a blender. This hummus is a great protein-packed vegan dip!
Guys guys GUYS. It’s beetroot hummus time. And to say I’m majorly excited to share this recipe with you is somewhat of an understatement.
First of all, it’s PINK! I’m sure you’d agree that pink food > non-pink food, i.e. your bog-standard brown hummus which is so last year. And second of all, it’s frickin’ pink! (who knew I could get so excited over the colour of my hummus? Trick question, we all knew I could.)
Beyond the stunning exterior of beetroot hummus, this healthy dip is packed with plant-based protein thanks to trusty chickpeas. Chickpeas are pretty much the queen of legumes – they go great in falafel, curries, and of course hummus. This dip comes together so quickly thanks to the help of my blender. Simply chuck everything in and blend. Now that’s my kinda recipe!
This hummus (humous? houmous? hmm) goes well with pretty much everything. I love to serve hummus on a platter with lots of chopped veggies for a party. Or just a random Tuesday. Hummus also works tremendously well with carbs of all varieties. I can vouch for that fact as I once had a hummus pizza at a local restaurant. (I still dream about it..aahhh)
And don’t even get me started on pita. Because hummus and pita are like, well, hummus and pita really. You can’t have one without the other. Unless you sub pita for falafel, which is the king of Middle-Eastern cuisine. Of course, the ultimate combination would be all three. And some Turkish delight. And, continuing with the Middle Eastern theme, you might as well have some baklava too.
Speaking of falafel, keep your eyes peeled for a falafel recipe coming soon to the blog! And this is actually coming soon, it’s not like the time I promised to share my vegan vanilla cupcake recipe after the chocolate one and then decided I didn’t like any of the photos #sorrynotsorry
I do hope you try this recipe! If you have a go, make sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf so I can see your creations! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
Happy hummus-ing, (?)
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Vegan black bean burgers
- Easy falafel
- Creamy pesto pasta
- The ultimate vegan sandwich
- Crispy baked polenta chips
- 1 can Chickpeas washed + drained
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Coriander
- 1/4 bunch Fresh Coriander
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Beetroot pre-cooked
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend well until creamy.
- If it is not blending easily, you add extra liquid in the form of beet juice or water.
- Serve with your favourite crisps/chips, veggies and falafel. Enjoy!
- I like to serve my beetroot hummus with this quick and easy homemade falafel - it's the best combination!
- You might notice a little discolouration after a few days, which is why this hummus is best consumed on the day of preparation.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @shivanilf #shivanilovesfood!