If you’re looking for a healthy and easy way to start the day, look no further than my banana oat pancakes. They’re deliciously fluffy and require just 4 ingredients, making the recipe oh so memorisable!
Why you’ll love this recipe
I just know you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
- Naturally vegan and gluten-free
- Made with just 4 simple ingredients
- Super versatile and customisable
- Ready in minutes!
And if that’s not enough reasons, pancakes are maple syrup’s best friend. And boy do I love maple syrup.
How to make banana oat pancakes
Preparing these vegan pancakes couldn’t be simpler. Simply blend some oats into oat flour and mix with baking powder (photo 1). Then add the dry ingredients: dairy-free milk and mashed banana (photo 2).
Tip: I like to blend the banana to make the batter extra creamy!
Next, cook your pancakes in a pan with a little oil until golden. Then stack ’em high and enjoy with your favourite toppings!
Pancake topping ideas
The best part about pancakes? All the delicious toppings! Here are a few ways to enjoy your morning stack:
- Fresh blueberries, fat-free yoghurt, & honey
- Homemade pistachio almond butter, banana & white chocolate chips
- Fresh raspberries, chocolate sauce & cacao nibs
What’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!
Yes! Both cow milks and dairy-free milks will work in this recipe, with the exception of canned coconut milk (which is too thick).
Wait for small bubbles to appear and the edges to go slightly dry and matte in appearance. Then your pancake is ready to flip!
Make sure you grease your frying pan with a little oil before adding the pancake batter. I love using spray oil!
Storage and reheating
These pancakes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge sans toppings for 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. You can reheat them in the microwave or, my personal favourite, in the toaster!
More vegan breakfast recipes
Vegan Banana Oat PancakesLeave a Review Print Recipe
- ⅓ cup/ 50 grams Oats rolled or quick cook
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Ripe Banana small
- ¼ cup/ 65 ml Dairy-Free Milk of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Add the oats to a blender and blend into a fine powder (this is oat flour). Pour the oat flour into a bowl and mix in the baking powder.
- To the same blender, add the banana and milk. Blend this until smooth and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat (or use spray oil).
- Add two generous tablespoons of batter to the pan and spread out into a thick round pancake, roughly 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes. Flip when the rim of the pancake appears dry and small bubbles appear.
- Stack up the pancakes and serve with your favourite toppings!