The Best Vegan Pancakes (gluten-free)An easy recipe for the BEST vegan pancakes! They are gluten-free, deliciously fluffy, and made with just 3 healthy ingredients.
If I could eat pancakes for breakfast every day, trust me when I say that I would. And I will probably be eating my best vegan pancakes for breakfast every day for the rest of my life. They are THAT GOOD.
What’s in the best vegan pancakes?
Making these pancakes is as easy as 1,2,3. One hundred grams of oats, Two bananas, and 100 and Thirty millilitres of non-dairy milk. (Okay, I know that last little bit didn’t work but at least I tried lol). This recipe couldn’t be easier to make! You’ll also need a teaspoon of baking powder to make the pancakes extra fluffy. And the best part of this recipe? It’s all made in a blender! That’s right, simply add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend until suuuper creamy and smooth.
Three tasty ways to top the best vegan pancakes:
These pancakes are the perfect combination of soft, fluffy, dense, and crispy. They are the ultimate vessel for being laden with lots of healthy toppings! Here’s a few of my favourite topping combinations:
- Fresh blueberries, vegan yoghurt, cacao nibs, and agave [as pictured] It’s as tasty as it sounds, nay tastier.
- Fresh strawberries and dark chocolate. A particular favourite among myself and my little cousins is whipping up a batch of these and topping them with dark chocolate pieces when the pancakes are still hot. The chocolate melts and it is INSANE.
- Sliced bananas, nut butter, and hemp seeds. Probably the healthiest combo here, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t tasty! I love to make my own pistachio almond butter and spread it atop some hot pancakes. Mmm.
Whilst I spend the rest of the day reminiscing about this stack of fluffy deliciousness, please enjoy (and treasure) the recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do!
More vegan breakfast recipes:
The Best Vegan Pancakes
- 2 Ripe Bananas Small
- 100 grams Oats
- 130 millilitres Plant-based Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder optional
- 1/5 teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- Toppings of choice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and well-combined.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add two generous tablespoons of batter to the pan and spread out into a thick round pancake. Mine were roughly 10 centimetres in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Stack up the pancakes and serve with your favourite toppings!
- These pancakes freeze tremendously! I like to make and freeze a big batch on Sunday and reheat them in the toaster.
- Topping ideas: fresh/frozen fruit, chocolate, nut butters.