I’m on a bit of a smoothie kick lately. Maybe because its the new year, maybe its because I just love to use my blender, or maybe its because smoothies are just so damn tasty. Okay, it’s most definitely the last one. We love a good smoothie.
And when it comes to green smoothies, it doesn’t get better than this one. It’s perfectly creamy and refreshing, has a slight kick from the ginger, and trust me, you can’t taste the spinach!
Why you’ll love this green smoothie recipe:
- This healthy green smoothie is packed with nutrients thanks to good-for-you ingredients like ginger and spinach.
- It’s 4 of your 5 a day. Yes, IT’S FOUR OF FIVE A DAY. It’s the perfect thing to make when you come home and realise all you ate today was carbs. Not that that has EVER happened to me…
- This green smoothie recipe requires just 6 ingredients, one blender and comes together in 5 minutes. Those are some good numbers.
What ingredients will I need?
To make the BEST green smoothie, you will need:
- Frozen bananas – these are what make our green smoothie so creamy! To freeze your own bananas at home, simply peel and break ripe bananas into chunks, then freeze in a freezer bag overnight.
- Frozen mango – you can use fresh mango here if you wish, provided the banana is frozen. You could also sub frozen pineapple or papaya if that’s what you have on hand.
- Spinach – this is what makes our green smoothie green! You can use fresh or frozen spinach here. If you are new to green smoothies, I’d recommend starting with just a small handful of spinach and gradually increasing the amount.
- Orange juice – I like to juice one orange straight into my blender to add some extra vitamin C to this smoothie!
- Fresh ginger – DO NOT SKIP THIS INGREDIENT! Using fresh ginger to this smoothie adds a slight kick which makes it so addictive.
- Non-dairy milk – I use unsweetened soy, but oat milk, almond milk, or cashew milk would all work well here.
Optional additions: 1 date (if you like your smoothies a little sweeter), 1 tbsp hemp seeds (for extra protein, or 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder.
I like to top my green smoothies with granola sometimes to make them more filling. Bonus points if you make your own!
Tips for making this green smoothie perfectly:
- Make sure to use frozen bananas in this recipe to make your smoothie perfectly creamy.
- Blend well using a high-speed blender to ensure your smoothie is lump-free.
- Add the ingredients to the blender in the right order! You’ll want to add the frozen fruit to the top of the blender for easy blending.
More smoothie recipes:
Looking for smoothie recipes? Check out my FREE 12-page smoothie guide with a smoothie recipe for every day of the week! To grab your copy, simply sign up to my mailing list:
I hope you try this recipe! If you do, I’d love for you to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf so I can see how it goes. You can also keep updated with me on Facebook and Pinterest – I hope to see you there!
The Best Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup Frozen Mango
- 1 Large Orange juiced
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk or more/less to desired consistency
- 1 thumb Fresh Ginger peeled
- 1/2 cup Spinach start with less if you are new to green smoothies!
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, ensuring the frozen fruit is on the top of the blender.
- Blend well until smooth. Pour into your favourite glass and serve!
- Best served immediately.
NUTRITIONServing size: 1 smoothie