I'm on a bit of a smoothie kick lately, and this green smoothie definitely hits the spot. It's creamy, tasty, healthy, and not to mention the most beautiful shade of green!
Green smoothies typically get their hue from vegetables, and mine features spinach making this oh-so beginner friendly. Trust me when I say you won't be able to taste the spinach in this smoothie - it's a great way to reap its health benefits!
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's packed with nutrients thanks to good-for-you ingredients like ginger and spinach.
- It's 4 of your 5 a day (so it's perfect for those days when you come home and realise all you ate today was carbs...been there)
- It requires just 6 ingredients, one blender and comes together in 5 minutes. Now those are some good statistics.
Notes on this recipe
- If you are new to green smoothies, start with a very small handful of spinach and increase the amount as you get used to it.
- Blend well using a high-speed blender to ensure your smoothie is lump-free.
- Add the ingredients to the blender in the right order! You'll want to add the frozen fruit to the top of the blender for easy blending.
- This smoothie is best served immediately.
Optional additions: 1 date (if you like your smoothies a little sweeter), 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (for extra protein, or 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder.
I like to top my green smoothies with granola sometimes to make them more filling. Bonus points if you make your own!
Yes - as long as you have one frozen element in your smoothie, be it frozen mango or frozen banana, your smoothie will turn out nice and creamy. If you can freeze both, that's an added bonus!
If you don't have ANY frozen fruit, you can throw a handful of ice into your blender to create a cool and creamier texture.
You certainly can. Whilst I love including ginger for a subtle kick of extra flavour, feel free to omit it if you don't like the taste.
Of course -simply swap the banana for frozen mango or pineapple.
If you like this recipe, I just know you'll love my blueberry almond butter smoothie too!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, please leave a rating + review below and share your photos on Instagram tagging #shivanilovesfood!
The Best Green Smoothie RecipeLEAVE A REVIEW PRINT RECIPE
- 1 Frozen Banana
- ½ cup Frozen Mango
- 1 Large Orange juiced
- ½ cup Soy Milk or more/less to desired consistency
- 1 thumb Fresh Ginger peeled
- ½ cup Spinach start with less if you are new to green smoothies!
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, ensuring the frozen fruit is on the top of the blender.
- Blend well until smooth. Pour into your favourite glass and serve!
- Best served immediately.
This will be my first time trying the best green smoothie, looks delicious and healthy.
I hope you enjoy it Stephanie!