If you’re new to juicing, this homemade carrot, orange and ginger juice is the perfect place to start!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It requires just five simple ingredients
- It’s packed with flavour, colour and nutrients
- You can make it at home without a juicer!
How to make fresh juice at home without a juicer
Making your own juice at home without a juicer couldn’t be simpler thanks to your blender! I love using my Vitamix to make my own juice at home. Here’s how to do it in three simple steps:
Add your fruit and vegetables to the blender jug, and top with cold, filtered water (photo 1). Blend until it is completely smooth – I find it best to start on a low speed then gradually increase the speed (photo 2). Transfer the juice to a strainer set over a bowl and use a spoon to push the juice through (photo 3).
And that’s it! Fresh homemade juice in minutes.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love my healthy mango lassi recipe!
Tips for making the perfect homemade juice
- Use fresh and vibrant ingredients. I love using organic if I can find it!
- Re-blend the remaining pulp with more water. This allows you to stretch out the fruit and get more juice at the end.
- Blend with cold, filtered water. This is super important for making sure your juice lasts longer and tastes refreshing.
- I love adding a pinch of black pepper to assist with absorption of the turmeric. If that’s not your vibe, you can omit it.
- If you own a nut milk bag, you can use this instead of the strainer over the bowl method. However, be cautious that your nut milk bag may stain.
Yes! Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A, which aids immunity and supports skin and eye health. Combined with oranges, ginger and turmeric, this healthy juice is guaranteed to make your body feel good!
Of course! Use any produce of your choosing.
Yep, simply add all the ingredients to your juicer instead.
More healthy drink recipes
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my other refreshing drink recipes:
Carrot, Orange and Ginger JuiceLeave a Review Print Recipe
- 3 medium-sized Carrots
- 2 Apples of choice – I like royal gala
- 2 large Navel Oranges
- 1 thumb-sized piece Fresh Ginger
- ⅓ tsp Turmeric
- 1 pinch Freshly Cracked Black Pepper optional
- 2 ½ cups Cold, Filtered Water
- Roughly chop the apples and carrots (no need to peel them) and add to the jug of a high-speed blender.
- Slice the navel oranges into quarters and carefully take off the peel using a small paring knife. Add to the blender.
- Peel the ginger and slice into rough chunks. Add to the blender along with the turmeric and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add 1.5 cups of cold, filtered water to the blender and blend until smooth, starting on a low speed and increasing gradually.
- Pour the juice into a strainer on top of a large mixing bowl. Use a spoon to gently 'push' the juice through the strainer into the bowl – you can pour the juice in batches if required.
- [optional] Add the remaining pulp from the strainer back into the blender along with 1 cup cold, filtered water and re-blend until smooth. Repeat step 5.
- Transfer the juice into your favourite jug or carafe. Refridgerate and enjoy served over ice.
- If you find the juice too bitter or sour, add a little honey to sweeten it.
- If you have a juicer, simply add all the ingredients to the juicer!
- This juice will store in a covered jug or carafe for 2-3 days in the fridge. It is best enjoyed cold over ice!