This healthy cauliflower buddha bowl packed with colours, textures, and best of all FLAVOUR! Buddha bowls are super customisable and the perfect vegan lunch to enjoy.
Why you’ll love this recipe
I just know you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Packed with flavour and vibrant colour
- An excellent source of fibre AND plant based protein!
What is a buddha bowl?
The term ‘Buddha bowl’ describes a bowl loaded with an array of vegetables, a source of protein, and a source of carbohydrates. Buddha bowls are a healthy and complete meal and a firm favourite among vegans and vegetarians.
This cauliflower buddha bowl features turmeric-roasted cauliflower, cumin rice, chickpeas, vegetables, and a yoghurt dressing!
Notes on this recipe
- Make sure you roast the cauliflower for long enough so it is deliciously tender. And if you love cauliflower, you’ll love my curried cauliflower steaks!
- Add the dressing to the buddha bowl immediately before serving so the veggies stay crisp.
- You can meal prep buddha bowls! Simply prepare all the ingredients and store the dressing separately to be added when serving.
You can use any vegetables of your choosing in a buddha bowl. I love salad vegetables like spinach, cucumber and sugar snap peas, but the choice is up to you.
If you don’t like or don’t have cauliflower, you can substitute broccoli or brussels sprouts.
Of course – customise this recipe with all your favourite ingredients!
If you love Indian food as much as I do, I know you’ll love my chili mogo recipe – it’s a reader favourite!
Cauliflower Buddha BowlLeave a Review Print Recipe
For the turmeric roasted cauliflower:
- ½ head Cauliflower chopped into florets
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- ⅛ tsp Garlic Granules
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sunflower Oil
For the zesty yoghurt dressing:
- 1 tbsp Soy Yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- ¼ Lime juiced
- ¼ cup Cooked Rice
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera) optional
- ¼ cup Tinned Chickpeas washed + drained
- Sugar Snap Peas
- ¼ Red Onion
- Fresh Coriander
- 1-2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds optional
- Prepare the roasted cauliflower by adding the cauliflower, oil and seasonings to a medium-sized roasting tray. Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C/ 400°F, tossing halfway through, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, stir the cumin seeds through the rice, if using. Add the rice to a large bowl or serving dish along with the washed chickpeas and sliced vegetables.
- Prepare the yoghurt dressing by mixing the yoghurt with the lime juice in a small bowl, along with a pinch of ground cumin. Add water to desired consistency.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the buddha bowl and garnish with lime wedges, pomegranate and hemp seeds (optional). Top with the yoghurt dressing and enjoy!
- Best served immediately.
- If you do not have some of the ingredients, feel free to switch them for what you have on hand!