Sticky and sweet chocolate energy balls made with just 5 wholesome ingredients – the perfect pick me up! Vegan and gluten-free.
Need a quick pick-me-up? Look no further than these energy balls! Nutty, chewy and packed with all the good stuff, these bite-sized bursts of energy are the only snack you need.
These are basically truffles. Give me a box of these as a gift and I will love you forever. They are that good. I made a huge batch of these for my DofE practice walk, and am planning on making an even bigger batch for the real thing! They are perfect to pop in your mouth when you need a little energy, or if you fancy a sweet treat.
Did I mention these energy balls are made with just 5 ingredients?! You could also swap out any ingredients for what you have on hand, meaning these plant-based treats are just minutes away! Here are two more reasons why you should make these energy balls ASAP:
- I see you – trying to stay awake during those late night revision sessions. Take a break, make these energy bites, and you will be able to focus better. So basically, these energy balls are the gateway to good grades 🙂
- Two words – meal. prep. I love to make a batch or two of these at the weekend and bring a few to college for when I get the munchies. I suspect kids would like these too!
I do hope you try this recipe! If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf – I love seeing your creations! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Vegan peanut butter brownies
- Oatmeal raisin energy balls
- The best vegan pancakes
- Vegan french toast
- Whole wheat vegan crepes
Chocolate Energy Balls
- 60 grams Oats
- 20 grams Raw Almonds or Hazelnuts/Walnuts
- 4 Medjool Dates
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter
- Add the oats and nuts to a blender/food processor and grind into a fine powder. Add the powder to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Put the dates, peanut butter and cacao powder into the blender and blend until creamy and well combined. (If it is not blending well you can add a little water to encourage it)
- Add the blended date mixture to the bowl and use your hands to bring everything together into a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough into 8-10 balls and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.