Need a quick pick-me-up? Look no further than these energy balls! Nutty, chewy and packed with all the good stuff, these bite-sized bursts of energy are the only snack you need. Plus they’ve got both chocolate AND peanut butter in, which automatically makes them a recipe for success 🙂
Why you’ll love this recipe:
I just know you’ll love these chocolate peanut butter energy balls! They’re:
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Made with 5 wholesome ingredients
- Packed with plant-based protein
- A super easy no-bake snack!
No-bake energy balls made with just 5 ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty energy balls!
- Oats – You can use rolled oats or porridge oats here as we are blending them up anyway.
- Almonds – Almonds give these energy balls an extra kick of plant-based protein. You could sub walnuts, peanuts, or hazelnuts if that’s what you have on hand.
- Dates – I like to use medjool dates – the softer and squidgy-er, the better. If your dates are too hard, you can soak them in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them up.
- Cocoa Powder – To make things extra CHOCOLATEY.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter not only adds delicious flavour, but helps to bind the energy balls giving them a sweet and sticky texture. Swoon!
This recipe is perfect for preparing a big batch on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week. They’re also packed with fiber, healthy fats and plant-based protein to keep you fuller for longer.
How to make chocolate peanut butter energy balls:
Making these energy balls couldn’t be easier! They’re no-bake, so you don’t have to turn the oven on to enjoy a healthy treat! Plus they’re ready in just 10 minutes, which means less waiting time before I can enjoy them. And if you know me, you’ll know I take waiting time pretty seriously 😉
- Blend together the oats and almonds to a fine powder, then set aside.
- Blend the dates, cocoa powder and peanut butter, adding a little water if necessary to help it blend.
- Combine both mixtures with your hands to form a sticky dough. Add more water or oats as needed to adjust the texture.
- Roll the dough into 8-10 balls, and enjoy!
Step 4 is my favourite, and step 5 (do the dishes) is my LEAST FAVOURITE THING OF ALL.
I do hope you try this recipe! If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf – I love seeing your creations! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
More chocolate peanut butter recipes:
- Vegan peanut butter brownies
- Chocolate peanut butter smoothie (part of my free recipe eBook!)
- Chocolate peanut butter pancakes (a guest post from me on Healthy Little Vittles)
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- 60 grams Oats
- 20 grams Raw Almonds or hazelnuts/ peanuts/ walnuts
- 4 Medjool Dates
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter
- Add the oats and nuts to a blender/food processor and grind into a fine powder. Add the powder to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Put the dates, peanut butter and cacao powder into the blender and blend until creamy and well combined. (if it is not blending, you can add a little water)
- Add the blended date mixture to the bowl and use your hands to bring everything together into a sticky dough.
- Roll the dough into 8-10 balls and enjoy!
- If the mixture is too wet, add a few oats to help bind it. If it is too dry, add a little water. The mixture should be sticky and easy to roll into balls.
- These energy balls will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for at least a week.