A recipe for healthy no-bake oatmeal raisin energy balls packed with plant-based protein. They are vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free!
Well, would you look at that – Summer’s nearly over. And by ‘Summer’ I mean the Summer holidays, as the hot Summer weather ended a long time ago. Unfortunately, it is time for us Brits to trade in the shorts we wore once this year for the cozy jumpers we will wear many times this year. But that’s okay, cozy jumpers are seen as less of an itchy, molting fiasco to me and more like a welcoming hug – the first indication of the Autumn season. And of course, Autumn weather naturally calls for Autumn food.
Warm spices and hearty root vegetables take the centre stage during this season. Expect many a recipe featuring classic Autumn ingredients like apples, cinnamon, sweet potatoes, and Blackberries. (I say many a recipe, but we all know that with my busy schedule, you lot will be lucky to get two recipes lol) To gradually enter the realm of Autumnal Cooking, I bring you my recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls. A perfect pick me up for those late night summer homework catch up sessions which is also vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free!
I seem to be on a bit of a nut-free kick at the moment, hence this granola recipe. Rather than nut protein, these energy balls contain protein from pumpkin seeds, which are a delicious nut-free healthy snack. And I also just realised that as they are pumpkin seeds, they fit perfectly with the autumn theme 🙂
Also how gorgeous is this pink plate? Once I saw it, I just new I had to have it for my food photography.
These are so much fun to make and I really hope you enjoy them. I can vouch they genuinely give me that extra boost of energy to plough through my A-Level revision note making. They are also kid-friendly, although as a 17 year old I could slap the term ‘kid-approved’ on all my recipes really!
I do hope you try this recipe! If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf – I love seeing your creations! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
More tasty vegan snacks to try:
OATMEAL RAISIN ENERGY BALLS
- 60 grams Pitted Dates
- 50 grams Oats
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds roasted
- 3 tablespoons Raisins roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Maca Powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch salt
- Add the dates and 30 grams of the oats to a blender/food processor along with the maca powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend until it begins to clump together forming a dough.
- Transfer this mixture to a medium-size bowl along with the rest of the oats and remaining ingredients. Use your hands to bring together the dough.
- Use your hands to shape into balls – I made 7 but how many you get will depend on how big you make them. Serve room temperature or chilled.
- I found my dough to be the perfect consistency, but this will depend on ow soft your dates are. Try to find the softest you possibly can.
- I used my Vitamix to blend this. Low-speed blenders may take extra coaxing and it is really worth investing in a blender such as the Vitamix which has speed settings.