One Pot Feta Pasta
Let me let you in on a secret. This one pot feta pasta requires just 5 minutes of prep time. How cool is that?
What is one pot pasta?
The dish ‘one pot pasta’ describes pasta which is boiled along with other ingredients, yielding pasta and sauce all in one! It’s super simple to make and one of my favourite hacks when time is short to make quick dinner.
Why you’ll love this recipe
I just know you’re going to love this recipe! It’s:
- A super quick and simple vegetarian dinner
- Comes together in minutes and reduces dishes used
- Easily adapted to be vegan and/or gluten-free!
How to make one pot feta pasta
Guys, this recipe is too simple – it almost feels illegal to be sharing it! Almost.
First, add the spaghetti (or pasta of choice) and other ingredients to a large pot (photo 1). Then add boiling water (photo 2), bring to the boil and simmer for 18-20 minutes!
Photo 3 shows the pasta halfway through cooking. We’ll continue to cook the pasta until the water has been absorbed leaving a thick and creamy tomato-based sauce. Swoon!
Yes! To make vegan one pot feta pasta, either omit the feta or swap for a dairy-free alternative. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply change the spaghetti for your favourite gluten-free pasta!
This recipe works well with any pasta so feel free to use your favourite or whatever you have on hand.
If you are missing one or two ingredients from this recipe you are likely to still get a tasty result in the end. You’re also welcome to add in additional ingredients such as olives, peppers or courgettes!
Notes on this recipe
- Leftover pasta will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Always buy good quality Greek feta (not Greek-style salad cheese) for optimal texture and flavour.
- You’ll need to cook the pasta for 5-10 minutes additional to the packet instructions. As a general rule, taste your pasta at the 5-minutes after mark and then cook for a few more minutes if needed.
More tasty pasta recipes
One Pot Feta Pasta
- 400 grams/ 14 oz Pasta Of choice – I like spaghetti. Gluten-free pasta also works
- 4 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 400 grams/14 oz Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 100 grams/3.5 oz Greek Feta cubed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly cracked
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 3 cups/ 750 ml Boiling Water
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot and cover with the boiling water. Stir well.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and lower the heat to simmer the pasta.
- Cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes (or 5-10 minutes additional to your pasta packet instructions). Stir the pasta every 3 minutes or so to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Check the pasta at the 15 minute mark – if it is still a little hard, leave the pasta to cook for a few minutes longer. The final result should have a thick and creamy sauce which is not watery.
- Serve immediately topped with extra fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Ensure to reheat well before serving.
NUTRITIONFor 1 serving Calories: 424 kcal | Fat: 12.6g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 961mg | Carbohydrates: 61.1g | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 3.7g | Protein: 17.2g