My pumpkin spice muffins are the PERFECT cosy thing to bake this fall. They’re vegan, kinda healthy, borderline breakfast food (translation: TOTALLY breakfast food), packed with pumpkin pie spice, and *insert endless positive adjectives here* level good.
How to make pumpkin spice muffins
First, prepare a flaxseed egg by mixing ground flaxseed with water and setting aside to thicken. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl, then fold in the flaxseed eggs, pumpkin puree and wet ingredients.
Divide the between 6 muffin cases, bake until golden, then enjoy!
Notes on this recipe
- Don’t overmix the muffin batter as it can become tough.
- If you have premade pumpkin spice mix, you can use 1 tbsp of this in place of the DIY spice mix.
- Don’t open the oven during the first 15 minutes when the muffins are baking, or they will sink in the middle.
Yes – swap the white sugar for coconut sugar.
You could use the leftover pumpkin puree to make an easy at home Pumpkin Spice Latte (recipe from Minimalist Baker) or double this recipe to make more muffins!
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
More vegan muffin recipes:
Pumpkin Spice MuffinsLeave a Review Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup/ 110 grams Plain Flour
- ½ cup/ 50 grams Porridge Oats plus extra for topping, optional
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup/ 100 grams Caster Sugar
- ½ cup/ 90 ml Sunflower Oil
- ½ cup/ 150 grams Pumpkin Puree
DIY Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Chai Masala optional
- pinch Black Pepper optional
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed with 5 tbsp water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, porridge oats, baking powder, sugar, and pumpkin pie spices.
- Add the oil, flaxseed eggs, and pumpkin puree to the bowl. Fold with a spatula until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 cases (I had about 2 tbsp batter per muffin). Top with a sprinkle of rolled oats (optional).
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes before enjoying warm with coffee.
- If you have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice in place of the DIY mix.
- These muffins can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.