Spicy Avocado Toast With Chickpeas
This spicy avocado toast with chickpeas makes the perfect healthy lunch. A quick and easy recipe that's packed with plant-based protein!
- 2 slices Fresh Sourdough Bread or bread of choice
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cup/ 50 grams Tinned Chickpeas washed and drained
- 1/4 Lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Red Chilli optional, for extra heat
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
Pop the sourdough bread slices into a toaster and toast until golden.
Meanwhile, mash the avocado with the lime juice, chilli flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
Gently spread the mashed avocado mixture atop the toast slices. Top the spicy avocado toast with chickpeas, coriander, and slices of red chilli. Enjoy!
- Best served immediately as the avocado will discolour over time.
Calories: 472 kcal | Fat: 21.5g | Saturated Fat: 4.5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1184mg | Carbohydrates: 61.2g | Fiber: 11.7g | Sugar: 2.4g | Protein: 12.8g