Vegan Pesto Pasta
This vegan pesto pasta recipe is deliciously creamy, and can be made oil-free by replacing the oil with water. Best of all, it's ready in 15 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 handfuls Greens I used half basil, half spinach
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnuts or pine nuts/walnuts
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast optional, for cheesy flavour
- 1/4 Lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 100 grams Fusilli Pasta to serve
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, add the greens, hazelnuts, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor along with 2 tablespoons of water. Blend until creamy and thick.
Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto sauce. Serve hot.
- You can make this oil-free by replacing the oil with water, or add more oil for extra richness.
- I like to blend my pesto until its creamy and almost-smooth, but if you like a chunkier texture blend it a little less. Double check for no large lumps of garlic!
- Any leftover pesto can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for a few days.
- Life hack: make a DOUBLE batch of this pesto pasta on the weekend and pack the leftovers for lunch! You could also make some hummus to pack with veggies.