Best Bruschetta Recipe (5 ingredients!)
The BEST bruschetta recipe which is easy to make and naturally vegan! Best of all, it comes together in 15 minutes and is made with just 5 simple ingredients.
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups/ 300 grams Fresh Cherry Tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 sprig Fresh Basil finely chopped
Using a pastry brush, brush 2 tsp of the olive oil onto both sides of the sourdough bread slices.
Toast the sourdough on a griddle pan over medium-high until charred - it should take a few minutes on each side. If you do not have a griddle pan you can use a frying pan or toaster (if using a toaster don't put any oil on the bread)
Prepare the tomato mixture by slicing the tomatoes into quarters and mixing with the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, finely chopped basil, and salt. You may not need all the salt depending on your tomatoes, so start with 1/4 tsp and add more to taste if desired.
Serve the tomatoes atop the toasted bread. Enjoy!
- The tomato mixture can be prepared ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day.
- Make sure to assemble the bruschetta just before serving so the bread stays crisp!
Serving: 2 slices of bruschetta
Calories: 483 kcal | Fat: 12.1g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1422mg | Carbohydrates: 79.3g | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 16.7g