Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (vegan)
A recipe for the BEST chocolate chip banana bread! This vegan banana bread is LOADED with chocolate chips, making it a real crowd-pleaser!
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed aka flaxseed meal
- 3 Medium Bananas the riper and spottier the better!
- 1/2 cup/ 125 ml Soy Milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 cups/ 250 grams Plain Flour aka all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup/ 120 grams Soft Light Brown Sugar or caster sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 3oz/ 90 grams Dark Chocolate as chips or chunks
Prepare the flaxseed egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until few lumps remain. Mix in the soy milk, sunflower oil and thickened flaxseed egg.
Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
Mix in 2oz/ 60g of the chocolate. Transfer the mixture to a loaf tin, top with the remaining 1oz/30g chocolate and bake at 180°C/350°F for 45-50 minutes until golden.
Leave to cool before slicing and enjoying!
- See above blog post for recipe variations.
Serving size: 1/8 of the loaf
Calories: 321 kcal | Fat: 9.6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 40mg | Carbohydrates: 55 | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 24g | Protein: 5.3g
Recipe adapted from Loving it Vegan