Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls
A recipe for healthy oatmeal raisin energy balls packed with pumpkin seeds for extra plant-based protein. They are vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free!
Servings 15 Energy Balls
- 1 cup/ 120 grams Pitted Dates I like medjool dates
- 1 cup/ 100 grams Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Maca Powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup/ 70 grams Raisins I like sultanas
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
Add the pitted dates and half of the oats to a blender or food processor along with the maca powder and cinnamon. Process the mixture until a sticky dough forms - if the mixture is not blending, add a little water to help it along.
Transfer this mixture to a medium-size bowl and add the raisins, pumpkin seeds and remaining oats. Fold the additions in with a spatula.
Use your hands to shape into balls - I made 15 balls each using about 1 tbsp of mixture, but how many you get will depend on how big you make them. Enjoy!
- If your dates are quite firm it's a good idea to soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes to soften them.
- I used my Vitamix to blend this. Low-speed blenders may take extra coaxing and it is really worth investing in a high-speed blender or food processor for recipes like this.
- Store the energy balls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Serving: 3 energy balls
Calories: 209 kcal | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 4mg | Carbohydrates: 44g | Fiber: 4.9g | Sugar: 23.9g | Protein: 4.7g