VEGAN COCONUT SLICE
An easy and healthy vegan dessert recipe: Coconut Slice! A date and oat caramel base topped with a sweet and crunchy coconut layer and marbled dairy-free chocolate - What a treat!
Servings 8 pieces
For the base:
- 75 grams Pitted Dates
- 50 grams Rolled Oats
- 1 heaped teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maca Powder
For the Coconut Layer:
- 40 grams Coconut Oil
- 30 grams Maple Syrup
- 80 grams Dessicated Coconut
For the Chocolatey Topping:
- 75 grams Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate
- 50 grams Dairy-Free White Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Cacao Nibs
Make the base: Add the base ingredients to a blender/food processor reserving 20 grams of the oats. Mix well until a sticky dough forms. Transfer to a bowl, and use your hands to mix in the remaining oats.
Press the base mixture into a loaf tin lined with grease-proof paper. Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes whilst you prepare the next layer.
Make the coconut layer: In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, melt the coconut oil. Mix in the maple syrup and dessicated coconut and stir to combine. Press this mixture on top of the base layer and return to the freezer for a further 10 minutes.
Make the chocolate layer: Melt both chocolates in separate small microwave-safe bowls. First spread the dark chocolate on top of the coconut layer, then dollop the white chocolate on and use a toothpick to quickly swirl the chocolates together creating a marbled effect. Sprinkle with the cacao nibs. Return to the freezer for a further 15 minutes or until firm.
Remove from the freezer a few minutes before slicing into 8 squares with a flat-edged knife. Serve and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container. I don't know how long they will last, as they didn't last long enough in my house for me to find out!
- If you cannot find dairy-free white chocolate, you can simply use 125 grams dark chocolate instead of 75 grams, and omit the white chocolate.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe
Calories: 257 kcal | Fat: 17.7g | Saturated Fat: 14.1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 36mg | Carbohydrates: 26.7g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16.5g | Protein: 2.3g