Lemon Blueberry Baked Oats
These lemon blueberry baked oats are the perfect healthybreakfast to enjoy this spring. They’re naturally sweetened and packed withfresh flavour, and best of all, vegan and gluten-free!
- ½ cup/ 50 grams Oats you can use rolled oats or porridge oats here, as we are blending them
- 1 Small Banana the riper the better!
- ½ cup/ 120 ml Dairy-Free Milk of choice – I like oat milk
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup/ 35 grams Frozen Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Dairy-Free Yoghurt to serve
Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 350 °F.
Add the oats to a blender and pulse until they form a flour (you can leave it slightly chunky if you would like your baked oats to be more textured). Pour the oat flour into a medium-sized bowl.
To the same blender, add the banana and dairy-free milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour the banana-milk mixture into the oat flour along with the baking powder, lemon juice and half the lemon zest. Stir to combine
Decant the baked oats mixture into a small dish or ramekin and top with half the blueberries, pressing them into the mixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot topped with dairy-free yoghurt, and the remaining blueberries and lemon zest. Enjoy!
- Make sure to use fresh lemon zest in this recipe. It carries a lot of flavour!
- You could use raspberries or strawberries in place of the blueberries if you prefer. Likewise, you can swap frozen fruit for fresh if that’s what you have on hand
- Looking to eat more protein? Add 1 scoop of your favourite vegan protein powder to the mix before baking!
- If you like things a little sweeter, serve the baked oats with a drizzle of maple syrup!
For one portion prepared with oat milk, and served without yoghurt.
Calories: 368 kcal | Fat: 5.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 62mg | Carbohydrates: 70.7g | Fiber: 9.1g | Sugar: 23.6g | Protein: 11.2g