How To Make Hidden Vegetable Pasta Sauce
Fool your children with this super tasty, super secretly HEALTHY hidden vegetable pasta sauce! Vegan, gluten-free, and meal-prep friendly!
Servings 6 portions
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Peppers red/orange work best
- 1/3 head Broccoli
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 sprig Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
Cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch chunks and add to a roasting tray with the vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, toss together and roast at 180°C/350°F for 35-40 minutes.
Leave the vegetables to cool a little before adding to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on low speed until completely smooth.
Serve with freshly cooked pasta!
- You can use any vegetables of your choosing in this recipe! See the blog post for some more suggestions.
- The sauce can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Just ensure the sauce is well heated through before serving.
Serving size: 1 portion served with 100g cooked pasta
Calories: 356 kcal | Fat: 5.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 39mg | Carbohydrates: 68.3g | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 7.1g | Protein: 13.7g