Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry (vegan)
This one-pot chickpea sweet potato curry is cosy, comforting, and perfect for meal prep! It's packed with flavour, and comes together in 30 minutes!
- 2 tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3 Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 x 400g tins Chickpeas washed and drained
- 1/3 head Broccoli broken into florets
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder or more/less to preference
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 can/ 200ml Coconut Milk Full-fat or light
Add the oil, onion, pepper, garlic, cumin seeds and mustard seeds to a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the onions are soft and the seeds begin to crackle.
Add the chopped sweet potatoes to the pot along with 1 cup water. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes begin to soften.
Add the chickpeas, broccoli, salt, chilli powder, turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, and coconut milk to the pot. Stir well then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is cooked through. Serve hot with fluffy rice!
- The curry will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can reheat it in the microwave or stovetop - ensure it is hot before serving.
- See the blog post for some recipe variations!
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
Calories: 491 kcal | Fat: 16.9g | Saturated Fat: 11.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1141mg | Carbohydrates: 76.1g | Fiber: 14.1g | Sugar: 4.2g | Protein: 12.5g