Vegan Chili Recipe (one-pot!)
This easy vegan chili recipe is spicy, cosy and comforting. It’s super versatile and great for meal-prepping. Best of all, it’s made in one-pot!
- 1/2 Red Onion finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 4 Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 Carrot peeled and finely diced
- 2 tins Beans of choice - I used 1 tin kidney beans and 1 tin mixed beans
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chilli Sauce or more/less to preference
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of boiling water to the pot, and cook on medium-low for 8-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes soften a little.
Drain and rinse the 2 tins of beans then add to the pot along with the chopped tomatoes. Add the spices, chilli sauce and tomato puree then stir well to combine.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes on medium-low until the beans and sweet potato are cooked through. Serve hot with lemon wedges and vegan sour cream.
- This chili will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Serving size: 1/4 of the chili
Calories: 329 kcal | Fat: 11.2g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 719mg | Carbohydrates: 48.8g | Fiber: 12.5g | Sugar: 12.6g | Protein: 9.7g