Chocolate Orange Granola (vegan and gluten-free)
This chocolate orange granola recipe is naturally sweetened and super easy to make. The perfect festive breakfast that is both vegan and gluten-free!
Cuisine baking, vegan
Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes minutes
Total Time 30 minutes minutes
Servings 2 cups
Author Shivani Raja
- 1 Clementine juiced - I had about 3 tablespoon of juice
- 2 tablespoon Almond Butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup or agave
- pinch Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- 2 cups/ 160 grams Rolled Oats
- ⅓ cup/ 40 grams Raw Almonds roughly chopped
- 2oz/ 60 grams Dark Chocolate roughly chopped into chunks
Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 320°F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the clementine juice, almond butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
Stir in the oats and almonds and mix well to combine.
Press the mixture onto a half sheet pan, keeping all the granola as one mass to allow clumps to form.
Bake for 20 minutes, breaking up the granola halfway through cooking to ensure cluster formation and even browning.
Leave to cool COMPLETELY on the baking tray before stirring in the chocolate chunks. Enjoy!
- The granola can be stored in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 53.2g | Protein: 10.5g | Fat: 15.7g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Trans Fat: -2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 16mg | Fiber: 7.6g | Sugar: 19.1g