Vegan French Toast Recipe
Brunch in style with this vegan french toast! A healthier reinvention of the classic sweet breakfast, made with no eggs or dairy!
- 1 slice Bread I like sourdough
- 50 ml Dairy-Free Milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Flax Seeds or chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon optional
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar can sub date or coconut sugar
In a shallow dish, whisk together the dairy-free milk, flax/ chia seeds, cinnamon, and sugar.
Leave the batter for a few minutes to thicken.
Add the slice of bread to the dish and allow it to soak up the liquid.
Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat. Add the soaked bread to the pan and cook until crispy and golden, flipping occasionally.
Enjoy hot with your favourite toppings!
- Best enjoyed immediately.