Pumpkin Spice Muffins (vegan)
These pumpkin spice muffins are the perfect vegan Autumnal bake. Packed with spice, not too sweet, and ready in just 35 minutes!
Servings 6 muffins
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup/ 110 grams Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup/ 50 grams Porridge Oats plus extra for topping, optional
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup/ 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup/ 90 ml Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup/ 150 grams Pumpkin Puree
DIY Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Chai Masala optional
- pinch Black Pepper optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F. Line a muffin tray with 6 paper cases.
In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed with 5 tbsp water. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, porridge oats, baking powder, sugar, and pumpkin pie spices.
Add the oil, flaxseed eggs, and pumpkin puree to the bowl. Fold with a spatula until just combined.
Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 cases (I had about 2 tbsp batter per muffin). Top with a sprinkle of rolled oats (optional).
Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for a few minutes before enjoying warm with coffee.
- If you have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice in place of the DIY mix.
- These muffins can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving size: 1 muffin
Calories: 347 kcal | Fat: 19.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Carbohydrates: 40.4g | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 17.6g | Protein: 3.8g