Vegan Black Bean Burgers
These quick and easy vegan black bean burgers are packed with plant-based protein. This healthy recipe will soon become your go-to weeknight dinner!
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 can Black Beans washed and drained
- 1/2 Red Onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 50 grams Breadcrumbs you may not need them all
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- Toppings of choice
Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp water. Add to a blender along with the onion, garlic, and half the black beans. Blend until smooth. (If you need to add a little water to help it blend, that is fine)
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the remaining beans as well as the spices. Mix to combine.
Gradually add in the breadcrumbs until the mixture comes together. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties.
Cook the patties in an oiled pan over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes on each side. You are aiming for a golden brown colour and for the burgers to be heated through.
Serve immediately with your choice of Toppings.
- I like to make extra burgers to store in the fridge and bring for lunch the next day. They go great in wraps with a little hummus!