Orange and Rose Polenta Cake
A quick and easy recipe for orange and rose polenta cake, which is also vegan, dairy-free, and eggless. It is the perfect quick and comforting bake, and has only 8 ingredients.
Servings 8 slices
- 250 millilitres Soy Milk
- 55 grams Vegan Butter melted
- 60 grams Vegan Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 160 grams Polenta
- 160 grams Plain Flour
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rose Petals optional, for decoration
Add the soy milk, vegan butter, vegan yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of the orange juice to a large bowl and whisk together.
Add the polenta, flour, sugar and baking powder to the bowl, and whisk well to combine.
Pour the mixture into a 23cm cake tin which has been greased and lined with greaseproof paper.
Bake the polenta cake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons of orange juice onto the cake, then leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
optional: Decorate with orange slices and rose petals.
- This recipe yields a cake with a subtle sweet flavour. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can either increase the sugar to 150 grams, or soak the cake in sugar syrup rather than orange juice.