A quick recipe for vegan banana bread made with just 6 healthy ingredients. Simple, moist, flavourful and no eggs or dairy!
One bowl. 6 ingredients. Endless happiness (until you eat all the banana bread)
Yes – its time for vegan, 6-ingredient BANANA BREAD!
It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s healthy (Well kinda) but most importantly, its FREAKIN DELICIOUS. Seriously, if you need a little love from a moist and flavoursome cake/bread/loaf look no further than this banana bread!
Just take a look at that fluffy interior! It’s like a soft, banana-sweetened pillow. And did I mention it only has 6 ingredients?! Here’s a lil’ breakdown of the lucky 6:
- Bananas. Honestly, I was really surprised to see this ingredient on the list 😉
- Vegan Yoghurt. I used vanilla flavoured soy, but I’m sure regular soy or coconut would be fine as well.
- Sunflower Oil. Or any other vegetable oil. This adds richness but is better than using a butter or margarine as its a little bit healthier. Basically oil contains HDL Cholesterol (good cholesterol) whereas butter contains LDL Cholesterol (bad cholesterol). Whilst cholesterol is not good for the body consumed in high quantities, the higher your ratio of HDL:LDL, the lower your risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease. To summarise, oil is better than butter.
- Self-Raising Flour. For that rise!
- Brown Sugar. Adds a caramel-like flavour which is really nice in something like banana bread. I think the best banana breads have a deep flavour and brown sugar definitely helps with this.
- Plant-Based Milk. I used coconut, but soy or almond or hazelnut or pretty much ANYTHING works well.
There’s nothing like a warm slice of this on a Sunday Afternoon – or any time really. It tastes great on it own or topped with peanut butter, walnuts, dark chocolate shards and cacao nibs for an extra decadent treat. You could also toast a few slices of this and serve with tea/coffee for breakfast.
You can tell why I love this recipe so much and why I just can’t wait to share it with you – so here it is.
I do hope you try this recipe! If you do, be sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf – I love seeing your creations! You can also keep updated with me on Pinterest and Facebook – I hope to see you there!
More vegan bakes to try:
VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- 2 Bananas ripe
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 160 grams Self-Raising Flour
- 60 grams Brown Sugar
- 75 millilitres Plant-Based Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add in the yoghurt and mix well.
- Add in the sunflower oil and mix well. Add the flour and sugar and stir together. Pour in the milk and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with greasproof paper.
- Bake until golden – this should take 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before slicing. I was not patient enough for this oops.