A healthy and easy one-pan skillet granola recipe which is vegan, nut-free and gluten-free! This homemade granola goes perfectly with yogurt bowls and fresh fruit – Yum!
IT’S GRANOLA TIME.
And this isn’t just any granola – this is a nut-free, gluten-free vegan recipe for one-pan granola!
You are probably thinking: “NO NUTS IN MY GRANOLA? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING SHIVANI?” And I completely understand where you are coming from. But we don’t want to leave anyone out here at Shivani Loves Food, so whether you are vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, we will share recipes to cater for everyone! I say we, because it just sounds better, but in reality, it’s just little me sitting behind a laptop doing all the blog work herself. Anyway, I digress – back to being nuts about nut-free. Trust me, you won’t miss ’em. This granola has everything you could ever want and more (except nuts), and if you really can’t go without flaked almonds or hazelnut chunks in your granola, feel free to add them in. Unless you have a nut allergy, in which case I give you NO PERMISSION AT ALL to do that.
Ahh…there’s just something about granola that makes me so happy! Actually, replace ‘granola’ with ‘vegan food’ and that sounds more accurate lol. And in the breakfast-food hierarchy, which does exist, granola ranks waaayy above cereal. Granola is like cereal’s cooler, trendier, more-sophisticated cousin. That golden exterior dotted with glowing gems of dried fruit make granola not only pretty to look at, but a delicious treat to eat!
I’ve wanted to make my own granola for ages and I’m so glad I finally did. Being able to make your own granola to suit your family’s allergen requirements whilst also knowing exactly what is going into your breakfast is such a great thing. And being able to make said breakfast in one-pan in under 20 minutes is an even better thing. Yes, one-pan! There’s no mixing it up in a bowl and decanting it onto an oven tray to bake before putting it into another bowl to add in more ingredients here. It’s all about simplicity and efficiency on my blog, as I’m sure you know already.
Let’s talk ways to eat this. Because as delicious as the classic granola and soy-milk ensemble is, there are tons of other ways to up your breakfast game by switching things up:
- Yogurt + Fruit + Granola. It’s a classic and if you follow me on Instagram, you know I love it.
- Granola on your Vegan Pancakes. Why not? Combining two of the best breakfast items surely can’t be a bad thing.
- Granola on your Vegan French Toast. See above.
- Granola on it’s own. Like a snack mix, but more tasty!
What’s your favourite way to eat granola? Leave a comment down below!
A healthy and easy one-pan skillet granola recipe which is vegan, nut-free and gluten-free! This homemade granola goes perfectly with yogurt bowls and fresh fruit - Yum!
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 3 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- 125 grams Rolled Oats
- 20 grams Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds roasted
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds roasted
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Add the oil and agave to a frying pan over low-medium heat. Once warmed, add in the oats and coconut and toss to coat evenly.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure the oats don't burn. (If they are browning too quickly, lower the heat)
Once the granola has turned golden brown, add in the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve hot (or wait to cool so it goes extra crispy!) with dairy-free milk. Enjoy!
- If your pumpkin/sunflower seeds aren't already roasted, simply mix them in halfway through cooking the granola to allow them to toast up.
- If you are missing any of these ingredients, swap them out for what you have around!
- Optional add-ins:
- Nuts e.g. hazelnuts, flaked almonds...
- Flaked Coconut
- Dried fruit e.g. pineapple, papaya, mango...
- Other seeds e.g. chia seeds, flax seeds...
PIN THIS RECIPE: