This healthy chocolate mousse contains a secret hidden fruit: avocado! It’s vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and made with just 4 wholesome ingredients.
Valentine’s day is fast approaching, so I thought it would be apt to share this healthy chocolate mousse recipe with you. It is the perfect make-ahead dessert that everyone will love. Trust me.
You know that post-dinner feeling when you’re craving something sweet, despite having loaded up on falafel and hummus? Well don’t worry, I got your chocolatey cravings covered in style with this light and fluffy mousse. Best of all, it’s ready in just 10 minutes!
This healthy chocolate mousse is:
Ready in 10 minutes (oh yes!)
Contains just 4 wholesome ingredients!
I’m not gonna lie, I was a little skeptical about adding avocado to my chocolate mousse. Avocado on toast? love it. Avocado in…chocolate mousse? hmm. But trust me on this one, friends, it just WORKS. Adding avocado to your mousse provides a natural creaminess like no other, and is packed with healthy fats too.
To make this mousse, first blend soft and chewy dates with soy milk. (or homemade almond milk if you are feeling extra) Then, add ripe avocado flesh and cocoa powder, and blend into silky smooth chocolatey deliciousness. It’s as simple as that.
Chocolate is a universally adored flavour. When paired with sweet dates and creamy avocado, you’ve got a healthy dessert that keeps your heart and your taste buds happy. Top with raspberries, cacao nibs, granola, nut butter, or even hunks of these energy balls. Get creative!
If you’re a chocoholic like me, you might like some of these recipes too:
- Vegan chocolate cupcakes
- Nutty vegan + gf granola bars
- Vegan + gf chocolate tarts
- Vegan coconut slice
- Nutty cacao energy balls
If you try this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram @shivanilf #shivanilovesfood – I love to see your creations!
Healthy chocolate mousse made with avocados
- 3 Medjool Dates
- 75 millilitres Soy Milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 Avocado ripe
- 4 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cacao Nibs optional, to serve
- Add the medjool dates and soy milk to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone, and add the green flesh to the blender along with the cocoa powder. Blend again until creamy.
- Divide the mixture between two small pots. Transfer to the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Serve sprinkled with cacao nibs and raspberries (optional)
- You could use this homemade vanilla almond milk in place of the soy milk.
- This is the perfect dessert to make ahead for a dinner party: simply prepare the recipe as instructed and leave in the fridge until needed.
- Feel free to go crazy with the toppings! You could use fresh chopped fruit, homemade granola, or even pistachio almond butter.
Pin this recipe: