Today is the hottest day of the year and I desire nothing more than a glass of this refreshing cherry lemonade. Two of my favourite fruits are cherries and lemons, so naturally I had to combine the two into a beautiful summer drink! It’s cool and crisp, sweet and tangy, and not to mention it’s a beautiful shade of ruby red. Swoon!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
I just know you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
- Sweet and refreshing
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Uses real cherries
- Easy to make
- The perfect summer drink!
Fresh is best.
When making your own lemonade, you’ll want to use the best and freshest ingredients you can find. I like to use fresh dark cherries in this recipe. I wouldn’t use glace/maraschino cherries as they taste artificial. To get a deep cherry flavour, fresh is best!
Likewise for lemons – it really pays to juice your own.
How to make cherry lemonade:
What’s great about this recipe is how easily it comes together. You too can be enjoying a glass of this flavoured lemonade in just a few simple steps:
- Puree the pitted cherries in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice and sweetener of choice (I used icing sugar) and stir to combine.
- Dilute with 1.5-2 cups of water and stir.
- Enjoy over ice!
If you couldn’t tell already, step 4 is my favourite 🙂
More Summer drink recipes:
- 1 cup/ 220 grams Fresh Cherries
- 2 Lemons
- 1/3 cup/ 65 grams Icing Sugar or maple/agave syrup
- 1.5 cups/ 400 ml Water add more if desired
- Remove the stones from 1 cup cherries then to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the cherry puree through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons to the pitcher, along with 1.5 cups water. Stir to combine.
- Add the sugar to the pitcher 1 tbsp at a time, tasting after each addition until you have reached your desired sweetness.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Store this lemonade in the fridge to keep cool, and use within 2 days.