This healthy chia seed pudding comes together in less than 5 minutes and is SO easy thanks to my handy method! It's the perfect make-ahead vegan breakfast packed with plant protein and antioxidants.
Why you'll love this recipe
I just know you'll love this recipe! It's:
- Vegan and gluten-free
- A source of plant protein, fibre and antioxidants
- A gorgeous purple colour
- Tastes like dessert!
Psst! Love chia pudding? Check out my coffee chia pudding recipe!
How to make berry chia pudding
Making your own chia pudding at home couldn't be easier. My handy tip is to make your chia pudding in a jar - this avoids mess and makes it super easy to incorporate the chia seeds into the liquid by simply shaking the jar!
To make berry chia pudding, we'll first blend berries with oat milk and agave syrup until smooth, then add this to a jar with chia seeds and shake to combine.
The magic of chia pudding happens when you leave it to thicken in the fridge until it has a thick and creamy texture!
Notes on this recipe
- Substitute maple syrup or honey for the agave syrup if that's what you have on hand.
- Ensure you leave the chia pudding to thicken for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Prepared chia pudding will store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Yes! Feel free to use any milk of your choice. For an extra decadent option, use canned coconut milk!
You can substitute maple syrup or honey for agave syrup if you prefer.
I love serving chia pudding with fresh fruit, but you could also add fat-free yoghurt or my homemade chocolate orange granola!
more summery breakfast recipes:
Berry Chia Pudding
- 1 ¼ cups/ 300 ml Oat Milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 ½ tablespoon Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup
- ¾ cup Berries of choice
- ⅓ cup/ 50 grams Chia Seeds
- Blend together the oat milk and agave syrup with ¼ cup berries of choice until smooth.
- Add the berry mixture to a medium-sized jar along with the chia seeds. Close the lid tightly then shake the chia pudding for about 30 seconds.
- Place the chia seed pudding in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to thicken. Serve with fresh berries and granola. Enjoy!
- You can prepare this berry chia pudding ahead of time and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. It's great for meal prep!